Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Its been awhile, but Happy belated thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a great holiday with family and friends... There is so much i am thankful for. This past year has been so amazing. I actually feel like i am growing into a mature young woman and the pieces of my "LIFE" puzzle is falling into place.

This year i had the pleasure of preparing thanksgiving dinner all by myself...Yep that's right just me!!! it was such a great experience, a little overwhelming but at the end of the day i am glad i can check that off my list of things i have done. I was very nervous about cooking the turkey... it being under/ over cooked or drying it out, so i was determined to look for the perfect turkey recipe. My FAB boss game me a great brine recipe, which is sorta like marinating the turkey overnight in a flavorful herb filled mixture and boy oh boy This was the best turkey I've eaten in my life.

BE AWARE : IF YOU EVER PLAN ON COOKING A TURKEY MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN IT AND TAKE THE NECK AND OTHER INSIDES OUT!!

HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOS THAT ARE GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER 
 My gorgeous turkey :), mac and cheese, string beans, and salmon to the right!!
this was my plate that i didn't finish... i was stuffed halfway through my meal

No comments:

Post a Comment